How to choose the best electric scooter
An electric scooter has been a common trend of the recent time. As you have landed on this page, let’s assume that you are interested in purchasing an electric scooter. Don’t spend your money for just any electric scooter, for better user experience try the best electric scooter available in your budget. The market of this product is so big that you will easily get confused while choosing the best electric scooter. One important thing you always have to keep in mind that there is no single best product in the market. The modern technology has been so upgraded and the innovations are so user specific that most of the products are designed intended to specific user interest. So it is really crucial to find the best match for you. You are an adult and you end up purchasing one of the best electric scooters for kids, will serve you nothing. This will be a complete wastage of money. However, no more worries, you are in the right place. Here in this article, we will be talking about almost everything about an electric scooter. After reading this article, you will get to find the best electric scooter for you.
How does an electric scooter work?
An electric scooter is equipped with a motor and a battery. These two are linked together. You have to charge the battery by plugging into any electrical power outlet. Once it gets enough power, it is used to generate motion power to push the scooter forward. There are switches in the handles of the electric scooter. Using those you can easily control the speed and brakes.
Unlike the gas scooter, an electric scooter does not have the complicated design. It does not need any fuel. So they are pretty simple to drive and control.
History of electric scooter
The concept of an electric scooter is nothing new. What happened is that is has started being popular in recent days. When everyone is worried about clean energy, people have started thinking about the environment this Eco-friendly vehicle has been popular.
The initial idea of an electric scooter is almost 100 years old. Since 1095 there have been numerous developments in this sector, powering the vehicles by electricity. They have been trying to convert the electricity into power effectively and efficiently. As a result, this electric scooter has become one of the very popular means of transport all over the world.
Why an electric scooter
Before diving deeper, let’s have some words on what an electric scooter is. As the name suggests, an electric scooter is a scooter that is powered by electricity. Usually, a conventional scooter is run by gas or oil. Unlike the conventional scooters, an electric scooter offers numerous benefits to its user, which is the reason behind its popularity.
One of the main reasons is the Eco-friendliness. This is an Eco-friendly vehicle and does not leave any carbon footprints. Since it does not burn any gas or other fuel, it does not pollute the environment emitting dangerous fumes. The electricity is much Eco-friendly and this is cheaper to maintain than the fuel-powered counterparts.
It is much easier to ride an electronic scooter than a conventional scooter. You can take the advantage of the simple design and thus experience the thrill of driving without many complications. This is the reason it has become very popular among kids and teens.
Driving an electric scooter does not require any driving license. The speed is limited, the safety features are more than the traditional scooters, and this is why the kids particularly enjoy this electric scooter. This is what we wrote about the general issue. You should check if your local area has any requirements. Sometimes they may recommend wearing safety helmets or something like that.
Generally, the design of an electric scooter is much simpler than a conventional one. The compact design, simple wiring, comprising motor have made this really portable and easy to handle. I don’t think that you have ever carried a conventional scooter in a public transport, but you can carry an electric transport. It’s because of its smaller size, compact design and very lightweight.
The parts of an electric scooter are easily replaceable. After using for a pretty long time the parts are more or less get broken. Maintenance of an electric scooter is very easy. Do not think that the parts are not strong. Many electric scooters can even pass from generation to another. The best electric scooters in the marker offer much convenience and durability.
Riding an electric scooter is really fun. Another reason is there you will find a wide variety of products in the market. There are different categories of an electric scooter that we will discuss in the next segment. And in each category, there are 100s of models that you can choose from. As we told earlier, do not worry about that, this entire article is dedicated to you so that you can end up choosing the best electric scooter for you.
Types of electric scooters
There are several types of electric scooters in the market you can choose from. Before purchasing the best electric scooter, you should ask yourself to know the type. And then you should select the scooter accordingly. Ask yourself about the purpose of buying the best electric scooter. For your ease, we have here discussed different types of the electric scooter in details.
- Electric motorcycle: This is a full-fledged vehicle powered by electricity. This is mainly used for professional racing purposes. It can attain good speed if required. These types of electric motorcycle are more or less expensive.
- Electric kick scooter: This is one of the most popular kinds of an electric scooter. Children, teenagers and adults, everyone likes this electric kick scooter. It offers a feeling of cruising in the air. As they don’t run at high speed, they are pretty much safer. On average an electric kick scooter can run at the speed of 10 to 12 miles per hour (mph).
- Electric mobility scooter: This is a great vehicle for the differently-abled people. They are not strictly designed for electric wheelchairs. People who can walk but need assistance, this is especially for them. An electric mobility scooter can be of three or four wheels.
- Electric bicycle: Also known as electric bikes, these are very popular among the mountain bikers. You can even use them for commuting short distances. Sometimes they are recommended by the doctors. It’s also possible to convert a regular bicycle into an electric bicycle using a bicycle motor conversion kit.
- Electric wheelchair: This is another model of electric scooter for the differently-abled persons. This is basically a wheelchair, powered by electricity. It helps people who cannot move around with easy and safe. Previously the designs were very simple and straightforward. But in recent days the modern electric wheelchairs come with different handy features for enhanced convenience like a rotatable seat, adjustable hand-rests etc.
Apart from the models above, there are electric go-karts, electric tricycles, self-balancing electric scooters and so on. These serve different purposes for a different group of customers. The electric go-kart is usually for adventurous people. The self-balancing electric scooters are fun. This very recent version of an electric scooter is crazy and sometimes dangerous. The improvement of this electric scooter is still on. They are much like what you know as hoverboards. The rider must know the trick of balancing.
Gas scooter vs. Electric scooter
If it’s your first time purchasing an electric scooter, it’s obvious that you will be interested to know the basic differences between a gas scooter and an electric scooter. As we have said earlier, the name suggests clearly. A gas scooter is run by gas. But an electric scooter is run by electricity. It uses electricity that provides power to rotate the motor and thus push the scooter forward. This is the basic difference. Apart from this, there are more differences. Each of these two has their own advantages and disadvantages. You have to choose the right one for you.
The electric scooters are much easier to handle and drive. It is much convenient riding an electric scooter. You do not need to be an expert driver. The range and speed are limited, so they are much safer than the gas scooter. The gas scooters are of high range and obviously of higher speed. The gas scooter has much better specifications than the electric one. That is why you have to be an expert to drive the gas scooter.
The price of the electric scooter is higher than the gas scooter. This is much-generalized statement although. Price is a very much relative factor. It depends on models and types of the scooter.
A gas scooter requires a license to drive, where an electric scooter does not require any. But check with your local law. Also, there is a price difference in the utility. If you are looking for something to commute a long distance without worrying about frequent charging, this will be great for you to purchase a gas scooter. But if you want to travel a short distance and you are careful about the environment, you should find the best electric scooter for you.
Best electric scooter brands
When you are going to purchase the best electric scooter you might consider of brand products. If you have an idea about the world’s famous brands, the job will be much easier. The famous brands have a legacy of providing quality products. So at least you will not have to worry about the quality components and solid construction. However, we will not recommend or promote any brand here. We will just let you introduced with some well-known brands. A brand product tends to be more expensive than the non-brand products. But the high price is worth spending. Or if you have any budget, you can simply find the best electric scooter within that budget.
- Razor: This is the market leader actually. It has captured a huge part of the market of electric scooter. The quality of the Razor product is very impressive. This is why Razor is one of the most preferable brands when it’s time to choose the best electric scooter.
- Jetson electric bike: This is another popular manufacturer of trendy and stylish electric scooter.
- Currie technology: This is specialized on electric scooter and electric bicycles. This has some amazing products in the market that will blow your mind.
- X-treme scooters: When it comes to electric scooters you cannot ignore this name.
- Supercycles and scooters: If you are looking for premium quality and high-end electric scooter, this is a very famous name. With higher speed and range, this company has some really premium and powerful models of electric scooters.
These are the most popular brands in the market. But as they have a brand value, the price of their products is quite more expensive than the other models by a normal manufacturer. But it is possible to find a great electric scooter within the budget. That requires you to dive deeper into research. The more you will search; chances of getting the best electric scooter will increase. And if you have a budget, we recommend you to choose a brand product. This will reduce the headache of getting a quality product.
How to choose the best electric scooter
When you are going to purchase the best electric scooter, this is very much confusing. The reason is simple. There is a huge variety of electric scooters. Here we will share some tips that will help you choose the best electric scooter for you. If you have a strict budget, then first find some decent models within the price. Then consider the features it comes with. Thus find the best electric scooter. For other products, you have to consider the features, construction and performance. But here you must choose the right type. This is very important. If you end up choosing a wrong type, this will be a total wastage of money. Ask yourself few questions and be honest with the answers. Where are you going to use the electric scooter? How often will you use that? These questions are important. We will talk about the questions in details here. Combine the answers and then you will see that the list of the best electric scooter will pop up in front of you. Choose from them.
- Type of scooter: This is the first consideration that you have to think. The final usage will determine what type of electric scooter will be the right one. If you want something for your kid and end up purchasing an electric wheelchair or electric motorbike, that will be really funny. So find what the sole purpose of you buying the best electric scooter is. Is it for your daily commuting? Is it for your kid for just fun? So narrow down the list to make the whole process easier.
- Budget: This might not seem very important. But this will filter your options. There are some really good options available at affordable price. Of course, you will not get the premium quality under a certain amount of money, but getting the best value for money is important. First, you have to set a reasonable budget. Set the amount you are ready to spend for an electric scooter. Generally, the electric scooters for adults are more expensive than the scooters made for kids. The adults’ scooters are faster, more durable and equipped with better technology. Consider the durability as a very important feature. Do not compromise this. To find the best value you need detail research. Never purchase an electric scooter just for the cheap price. Usually, a cheaper electric scooter does not have a long life and you have to replace it with another one, soon after purchasing.
- Speed: This is an important consideration. If you find your type of electric scooter and then the budget is set, try to know the speeds. If you are considering one for your kids, the speed should not be the same as an electric scooter for adults. Usually, the speed is measured by miles per hour (mph).
- Range: While choosing an electrically powered vehicle, the range is a very important consideration. The range is the distance the electric scooter can visit without requiring another recharge. The range varies depending on the category of electric scooters. Make sure that the electric scooter you are buying offer enough range for you. Also, consider the battery backup time and how long it does take to get fully recharged. This depends on the quality and the size of a battery. Choose something that will meet your own requirements.
- Weight capacity: You should purchase an electric scooter that can carry the body weight of the user. Usually, an electric scooter can carry both kids and adults. But there are certain weight limitations. Make sure that the electric scooter has adequate weighing capacity according to your body type. When you are purchasing for your kid, this might not be an issue. But while buying one for an adult, weight is of course an important consideration.
These are the most important considerations that you have to think before you purchase an electric scooter. You will get the information from the manufacturers. If you are buying offline from any local dealer, ask them about the specification if you have any confusion. For your convenience, we have listed few questions that you will ask before buying one. The answers will help you to find the best electric scooter for you.
- Who is going to use the scooter? An adult or a kid?
- Do you need to fold the electric scooter for ease of storage or carrying?
- What is the mileage range that you need?
- Do you need a smaller scooter or a larger profile one?
- How long does it take to be fully recharged?
- What is the budget you are ready to spend for the scooter?
- Do you need a fast scooter? Or a slow one is okay?
- Are the spare parts available in the market?
- Does it come with a warranty?
These are something you must know before you make a final decision of buying the best electric scooter. There are some other considerations. Those are also important if you want really great riding experiences. One is the comfort. It is all about design. Do you want to stand or sit while riding? Is it easy to carry on public transport? Make sure that you know answers and get the right one. Another key point is the convenience. It’s not only about purchasing an electric scooter, but also for any personal vehicle. Most of the people prefer a folding electric scooter that is easy to use and maintain. Last but not the least, is performance. Definitely, you want to buy something that is affordable and easy to operate. But do not just ignore the performance. This should have solid performance for longevity. If you are buying from your local store, you can try riding on them.
The natural fuel like gas and oil cost both the money and the environment. In this situation, electric vehicles are a great solution for transport. Electric scooter will be a great part of our lives soon. More and more people will switch to electrically powered vehicles in coming years. This is the future. We are starting the future now.
This is of course very important to choose the best electric scooter. The variations and the number of products will easily make you confused about that. Follow the guideline we have given above. Always try to get the best value for money. Even if you have no budget issue, you just cannot spend the money for something that is not up to the mark. End of the day when you are going to buy a personal vehicle it all depends on your personal choice. Our suggestion will just make you smarter while making the choice. Happy shopping.